HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

HTML in Topic name/subject?

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there any way to get Vanilla 1 (with the HTMLFormatter extension) to support HTML in the Topic name/subject?

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Not out of the box, but at a simple level you could implement a theme that passes the topic through the same filter as comment bodies instead of stripping out html.
  • Thanks Mark. I took a quick look into Themes, but it soon got a bit too complicated to understand, given that I'm just at the stage of evaluating Vanilla!

Would it be something as simple as taking a copy of the default theme and then deleting a call to strip out the HTML and adding a call vaguely like:
    $the_topic_name = CallTheCommentBodyFilter( $the_topic_name );
    or would it be a bit more complicated?
    I tried looking through the default theme code but I couldn't see anywhere obvious that looked as if it was filtering HTML from the Topic name - so is maybe this normally handled by code outside of the theme, so the theme would need to be re-worked a fair bit to handle the filtering itself (so it _would_ be more complicated!)?

Thanks.