Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Web-path to Vanilla (Application Settings)

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I successfully launched a new forum, but don't like the fact that the URL address in the browser is, "MyHostingUserID.HostingCompany.com/forum". Now the world knows our User ID and our Hosting company. After looking at some of the other forum discussions, I'm worried I will loose everything if I try messing with, "Application Settings, Web-path to Vanilla". When you're in the forum, I would like the browser URL to be something like, "www.DomainName.com/forum". Does anyone have any advice. Please keep in mind, I am not a developer, so keep it simple if at all possible.

Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I've had this problem with Vanilla 1 for a long time, never been able to find the solution other than a 301 redirect which is obviously not the most effective way to go about it.
  • Options
    @Snowball & @Raize: Make a backup copy of, then open, the file /conf/settings.php and change all occurrences of "MyHostingUserID.HostingCompany.com" to "DomainName.com/forum".
  • Options
    Are you suggesting I backup the "settings.php" file from "forum/configure/settings.php" and then make the change?