Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issues with Capistrano Deployment and or SymLinks

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have found that I get errors when deploying my Vanilla 2 set-up and theme to my webserver using capistrano. Capistrano ( http://capify.org ) uses a symlink called "current" to point to a release folder which is timestamped and might look something like "20100308042106". After I have more then 5 release folders, I have capistrano clean out the oldest one as to not keep too many versions on my server.

What I am finding is that somewhere along the way Garden/Vanilla stores the absolute url of my release folder as a point of reference and not the symlink "current" folder. This causes me to get failed to open stream errors, because it is looking in a release folder that no longer exists. An example of this is this error:

include_once(/home/deploy/public_html/EXAMPLE.com/releases/20100308042106/public/forums/library/core/class.controller.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I can't really tell where this release folder is being stored within the application, as I would like it to point to the "current/" folder rather then the actual release - or I can move it to a "shared" folder potentially to avoid this issue. Subsequently, I also get this error, from what I can only assume is an instantiated class from a previous release version...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Gdn_Controller in /home/deploy/public_html/mclafan.com/releases/20100308042106/public/forums/library/core/class.controller.php on line 1127

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Check out the *_mappings.php in cache directory.