Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Laptop recommendations...

13»

Comments

• hmm. OK. When they release the new ones, is it likely to be a change in design too? And how about price?
  • edited December 2005
    Hum. I just got offered a Dell Inspiron 510m for £300. It's not exactly what i'm looking for, but it's not far off. And for the money i save i could stick an extra gig of ram in, perhaps a bigger drive (or some external storage), and whatever else. Only thing is, while i'm not a gamer, i'd still like the option. Granted on most laptops i'd buy no games would be stunning but with the chipset in this they really would be a downer.
    What you guys recon? I would kinda like to find my *perfect* laptop and get it all brand spanking new and whatnot, but if i could get a p4m 1.7 with a gig+ of ram and a ton of storage out back a few hundred quid cheaper it might not be such a dumb move?

/edit: deals off. some dude bought it already.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    mini, knowing apple, it will probably look similar in design to any of the powerbooks they currently have out there. TiBook look and style no doubt.
  • TiBook style hasn't been used in 3 years. I would be very surprised if intel laptops are released with no visible differences.

Although, I'll be pretty surprised if intel laptops are available before mid march too...
  • Hum, And whats this i hear about a new dual core intel mobile processor due out next month?
  • well, on top of my wishlist is still the ibm T43. expensive beast but heck it has this awesome screen (1400x1080 resolution) and it's an ibm. so it has an ibm keyboard (been stuck with a vaio so i know why i want that) and the usual thinkpad goodness. oh and most important for me, it runs linux like no other, with everything working. and it's so light and slim, too. *sigh* must have.
  • Yeah, i checked out IBM, and while they have some cool features and stuff, none of the ones within my price range were particularly impressive. :(
  • I thought IBM no longer made laptops.
  • ibm == lenovo
  • In theory, yes.
  • I wonder what the Lenovo ThinkPad X is like, I have seen few tablets but the ThinkPad X is very interesting. And one thing bothers me, Lenovo as primarily a Chinese company, you would think that they would give you an option of buying a computer with Linux in it.
This discussion has been closed.