Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

So.. I'm trying to create an application.

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have some background with frameworks (mostly CI), and I'm trying to get up and running with garden.
For some reason, it is not progressing as smoothly as I've hoped..
So -- does anyone know a good tutorial? I have read all the docs here in the site, but I still need something more.. In depth.

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    I've begun writing one a few back, but I still haven't got round to finish it.

It's there: http://bitbucket.org/bean/simpleblog/wiki/Home

And the project need to be rewritten, to follow the differents steps I wanted to described.

I kept the application with not many features so the code stays basic enough to help people understand.

I am by no way a skilled programmer (sysadmin level, that's it), so caveat included.
  • @luc thank you very much for your reply, though what I seek is a tutorial -- the code itself is available in many applications, but code can only take you as far as that specific application goes..

By the way - is it just me, or does the filters in the 'addons' section doesn't really do their thing..?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I guess it's just you, working fine here (addons site).

I know for the code, it took me a long time to arrive to do this simple app.
    That's why I want to break down the steps so that people understand what every single thing in this single app is doing.
  • Try googling whether you need code or tutorial web will surely provide, just be simple in your words.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @php_web_development: no. Garden is just there, it's not widely used, so there's no tutorial anywhere yet.
  • @luc awesome! now it works! :) maybe it's a logged-in thingie..

anyhow, I'm digging into your app.. Do you think you'll have the time to write the tut anytime soon? I'm dying here.. :)
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I've absolutely no idea. Yesterday I though I could begin to do it, but in the end I had no time. I'll have the same wish for today or tomorrow.