Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to get current Category ID

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm using nugget addon to embed some extra php code on a pages that relate to specific categories.

How do I determine what the current category id is, for a discussion list page and a comment list page?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, should have mentioned this is in Vanilla 1. I just can't seem to find the correct var or object that has that info.

Something like:
    if(object->categorid == '10'){
    //echo additional content - in this case an embeded google calendar above the comment grid and/or the discussion grid

}
  • Options
    look at the Discussion and Comment objects, then the DiscussionGrid and CommentGrid controls. if you're in themes/comments.php, you'd get it like $this->Discussion->CategoryIDif you're in themes/discussions.php, it's at $this->Category->CategoryID
  • Options
    Thanks. Was going to do it in a nugget, but will do it in one of the theme files instead.