Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla panel notice

davey_hdavey_h New
edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to change/move the Vanilla copyright notice in the side panel - say into the footer?
I have no problem in displaying a notice with a link but the standard one is a bit 'in your face'. Just need to tone it down a bit.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    i assume your using v1, because v2 puts the copyright notice or "powered by vanilla" link at the bottom in the footer. Though technically you could move or even remove both notices by editing the theme. I haven't used v1 so i cant help on that one. I would recommend looking into v2 :) or going through your v1 theme files.

cheers
  • Options
    Yes using v1. Not looked at v2 yet as it seems to lack a number of the v1 extensions I need at this stage.
    I have scanned through the files and can see anything that may load this powered by notice into the panel. Will check again. thanks
  • Options
    assuming you ment "cant see anything"

actually one sec i'll download v1 and find it....

vanilla---languages---English---definitions.php at the end. press Ctrl F and search for "is a product of" it will pop up for you.

you can change it here, im not certain on how to move it but i'll look into it. Until then I would recommend testing out V2

best of luck
  • Options
    davey_hdavey_h New
    edited April 2010
    Cheers. OK - thats the one file I missed. Will be looking at V2 in the near future.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/544/vanilla-powered-footer

People keep asking about this, so there ya go, that should sort things out once and for all :P