Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Single Sign On

Hey guys

I'm trying to integrate Vanilla 2 with an existing website (which was developed in a completely different framework) and am having some troubles.

We started off with Vanilla 1 until we realised that it doesn't support multiple roles per user. With Vanilla 1 I set the cookie domain in my existing site to .domain.com (the two sub domains will be www and forum) and then when any user logged into www I would set 'LussumoUserID' and 'SessionPostBackKey' to the session and all was dandy.

In Vanilla 2 however, I having trouble even just echoing the the $_SESSION values to see what I need to set and if I've set them correctly.

I have had a brief read through the SingleSignOn documentation page but it stopped making sense at "Authenticate Url".

Could anyone please give me a hand in figuring this out? Even just to know how to see the session variables would be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony.

Comments

• Sorry for the double post but ... anyone? anything?
  • I have done a single sign on for Vanilla 1 and it was as simple as reading the code and following the instruction therein. I have no idea about 2 but I remembering seeing a plugin for it.
  • I believe there are some pretty major changes coming to the SSO plugin shortly, so if you can wait it might be worthwhile. If you can't wait perhaps someone else with some experience of the SSO plugin could chip in, as I have none unfortunately.