Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

AutoLinks plugin - How does it work?

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Does anyone have any info on how AutoLinks works? It’s supposed to do the following:

When you post an URL, AutoLinks automatically:
Embeds images (PNGs, JPGs, GIFs, BMPs and some others)
Embeds MP3s with a nice flash streamer/player
Embeds videos (from several popular sites - see below)
Turns other URLs (including mailto:, ftp://, etc) in to a clickable link

I downloaded the files and properly uploaded the plugin to my server as instructed. When I ran a test, the URL links work, but simple copy and paste of a YouTube video (embed code) did not work, nor did the simple drag and drop of a jpg image from iPhoto into the content area. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    From Youtube, do not copy the embed code, but only the URL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qHVVbYG8Y for example)

From iPhoto... forget. A message board or a website may display an image only if it is hosted somewhere on the internet and have its own web address consequently ; the simple fact of drag'n dropping a file from your computer to a comment box won't work! You have to host first your image somewhere (free image hosting websites exist, search google, you'll find many-many choices) THEN paste the link.
  • Options
    Got it, thanks. It seems to be working well.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanx for saving my time. I had the same question.