Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing the Username

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I noticed that if I was to edit my account, I have an option to change my username. Can that be disabled somewhere through the core? If not, I think it should be built in as a permission whether or not the user can change their username.

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hey @GMAntonz,

That's a pretty neat idea and we're going to implement it as a configuration variable. Right now we're not going to add an interface for it in the admin panel, but you'll be able to manually edit the setting in your config file.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Yeah @Tim, that would be great. While I can see how changing a username can be a good feature, on the forum with lots of users, I wouldn't want people to be freely changing their usernames left and right. Even if its a change in the config for now, that would be awesome!
  • When it's enabled, some kind of history in the user's profile would be handy ;)