Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Banned Member's can leave comments on other members profiles..what the heck!

edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
We are really confused....we have been forced to outright ban a couple new members. But they can continue posting to other members profiles. They are spamming our entire membership with very offensive material.

It appears they have to logoff to clear the session before they are no longer to be in a logged on status...

what are we doing wrong?

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    v1, v2 ?
  • v 1.1.10

Please tell us how to stop this...
  • So is this a feature (bug with a suit?)....

this continues to destroy our site....
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This sounds like a bug at first glance, but I don't know enough yet to be able to tell you conclusively, one way or another. I'll see if we can look into it, though Vanilla 2 is our main focus at present.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• lucluc ✭✭
    @elpatron: check the roles and permissions you've assigned the "banned" role.
  • I've asked the customer for permissions of the role 'banned'.

Maybe the developers would like to run a test on this site, ban a test user that is logged in and see if they can post to 'all' your profiles.. :)

• Is it possible for them to--force a userid through the logooff process in the admin panel?

This would solve the problem as they are unable to log back in with the banned role defined.

I do not have access to a v board admin that is why I am asking.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    As the role, even named "banned" can have all the permissions, testing somewhere else won't be much use.
    "banned", it's just a description, it can be relevant, or it cannot. It's up to the admin.