Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

URL in message

edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When I enter a URL in a message, the browser gives a lot of errormessages

When I try to open the thread, something "funky" happens.

What now?

Comments

• Add the following to config/config.php
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    And let us know what errors you get.
  • Wow, your going to have to provide more details than that. What error messages are you getting? When did you download vanilla 2?

What does "something "funky" happens" mean?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @garymardell: that's the "Bonk" message subtitle IIRC.
  • @luc Oh right, my bad, i always have the deverror view on.
  • It doesn't show any errors. All I can tell is that I see the original post double. The reply does not show. When I try to open the thread I get the "funky" Bonk message.

The line I added to config.php should show the error messages in the Bonk message page, right?
  • Yes, it replaces the Bonk page with an error view.
  • Fixed the problem, file was not writable. Adjusted rights and everything works perfect now.

Was afraid I had to start looking for another forum because I liked Vanilla's layout and plugins.

Thanks for thinking with me on this one.
  • edited January 2011
    Undefined offset: 3

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/database/class.dataset.php

102: $Count = count($this->_Result);

103: for($Index = 0; $Index < $Count; $Index++) {

104: switch($DatasetType) {

105: case DATASET_TYPE_ARRAY:

106: $this->_Result[$Index] = (array)$this->_Result[$Index];

107: break;

108: case DATASET_TYPE_OBJECT:

109: $this->_Result[$Index] = (object)$this->_Result[$Index];

110: break;

Backtrace:

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/database/class.dataset.php:106] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/database/class.dataset.php:280] Gdn_DataSet->DatasetType();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/database/class.dataset.php:293] Gdn_DataSet->Result();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.smarty.php:62] Gdn_DataSet->ResultArray();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.controller.php:1431] Gdn_Smarty->Render();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.controller.php:1016] Gdn_Controller->RenderMaster();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.pluggable.php:188] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.pluggable.php:188] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussionscontroller.php:134] DiscussionsController->Render();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussionscontroller.php:134] DiscussionsController->Index();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:297] PHP::call_user_func_array();

[/var/www/www.tallgrrl.com/htdocs/vanilla/index.php:45] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Variables in local scope:

[this] array (
    'Connection' =>
    array (
    ),
    )

[DatasetType] 'array'

[Count] 10

[Index] 3

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
    Additional information for support personnel:

* Application: Vanilla
    * Application Version: 2.0.16
    * PHP Version: 5.2.10
    * Operating System: Linux
    * Server Software: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
    * User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
    * Request Uri: http://www.tallgrrl.com/vanilla/
    * Controller: Gdn_DataSet
    * Method: DatasetType