Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Paging special characters

SheriffenSheriffen
edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.3
Hey!
When viewing older comments with the paging in a discussion my special swedish characters show up like crap. How do I set proper charcode to this?

Comments

• Utf-8 is recommended.
  • Yeah I use utf-8 for all my in and out of the database and it works like a charm... eeexpcet for when jquery is loading the data. Then the characters show up all messy but when I reload the page and PHP fetches it, it works again..
  • Did you check if encoding is really the problem?
  • Honestly I don't know what the problem is. The only thing I know is that when jquery loads my page through AJAX it doesn't work but if I load it like normal, with PHP it does. Just wanted to know if anyone had a clue?
  • SOLVED:
    comment out line 774 in class.controller.php

//$this->_Json['Data'] = utf8_encode($this->_Json['Data']);

makes my characters show up normally, isn't this the opposite of what should happen?
  • SS ✭✭
    Confirm the problem.
    URL?DeliveryType=VIEW&DeliveryMethod=JSON

All characters becomes unreadable.

• SS ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Looks like that no need do utf8_encode() if default charset is UTF-8. Try fix:
    if (C('Garden.Charset') != 'utf-8') $this->_Json['Data'] = utf8_encode($this->_Json['Data']);
  • @S where do you suppose to add this line?
    instead of the old? why dont you post it to the issue tracker then, to add to the next vanilla rc?
    ok, i just cmmented that line, and it works fine. is there any cons for simly commenting that line instead of editing to your code?
    cheers