Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Single Sign On

I downloaded and installed Vanilla 2.0.
No problem.
I installed the Single Sign On.
I enabled it.
Went to settings.
And I got something like
page not found at
/garden/plugin/singlesignon

HELP!!!! I'm on a deadline and I need this working qucikly

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The settings page link should be in the sidebar. I guess you can do it without editing the config file.

Read: http://vanillaforums.org/page/SingleSignOn If you haven't already.
  • Howdy
    I did click on the setting link on the sidebar. There's a config file?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    As the admin part has been renamed from garden to dashboard, edit the plugin where there is /garden/plugin/singlesignon and similar link, to /dashboard/plugin/singlesignon and then that should be OK.
  • I'm also having a problem with SSO; however, I'm trying to integrate it with cakephp and cake's auth component. From what I can tell everything is set up right, the authentication page right up to the cookie aspects. Do you think something is conflicting between the two frameworks?
  • edited June 2010
    There's probably nothing conflicting. What version of Vanilla are you using? RC1?

I found that RC1 seems to have broke the SSO plugin. Instead of reading that file, it now looks for a cookie on the same domain called "QuickIn". Here's an example of how to set this on CakePHP.
    $Data = array();
    $Data['UniqueID'] = '123';
    $Data['Name'] = 'foo';
    $Data['Email'] = '[email protected]';
    $_COOKIE['QuickIn'] = serialize($Data);
    setcookie('QuickIn', $Data, time()+60*60*24*100, "/");
    That might do the trick.
  • Thanks for your help. That did the trick! I had to alter the class.sessions.php file because some error with a returninguser variable. I hope they fix this in the next release.