Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BBInsertBar

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm attempting to incorporate the BBInsertBar into the Private Messages add on, meaning that when my users go to "create a new message", they'll also see the BBInsertBar.

I thought I targeted where and how to do this... in the default.php in the BBInsertBar extension folder, I found this code:

if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("post.php", "comments.php"))) {

And added "extension.php" like this:

if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("post.php", "comments.php", "extension.php"))) {

Since the "create a new message" occurs on the extension.php file...why isn't this working? Is my logic correct here? Or no?
  • Options
    Sorry to be a pain...but this is the last thing I'm trying to incorporate into my forum. Can you php gurus let me know if my approach is incorrect?
  • Options
    (without any previous look at Private Messages addon code)
    you may want to check also for the PostBackAction of Private Messages addon

may be also some delegate attachment could be needed,
    if i have time, i'll look into it, but can't promise anything :(
  • Options
    I don't think I quite understand, but I do believe you're aiming me in the right direction...heh.

This might help - here's the actual URL when a user clicks "Send Private Message":

/forum/extension.php?PostBackAction=PrivateMessages&View=SendMessage
  • Options
    i think the two key files are in this case both PrivateMessages/message_form_new.php and PrivateMessages/message_form_reply.php . as they don't use delegates, IMHO the best approach will be to edit those files (also seems improbable for this extension to be updated after such a long time) to add somehow the editor bar.

hope it helps
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions miquel... I'll give them a whirl and see if I can make it happen.
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm stumped. With my very limited php skills, or lack thereof, I can not make this work. I can only generate an error message where I would like the BBInsertBar to be on the Create Private Message page, heh. What I do find odd though is that the way I originally tried to do this, by just adding "extension.php" into the InsertBar's default.php code (above), worked for the Vanillacons add on! It used the exact same line of code, and simply plugging in a new php file added it to that just fine...?
  • Options
    Hi!

Today I tried to switch my Vanilla forum from port 80 to port 443.
    After my failing play with the variable "BASE_URL" in the settings.php I got it with the following lines of code in my .htaccess:

RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on RewriteRule ^(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]

Everything went O.K., except the BBInsertBar extension... :(
    I used v0.1.5 and got a JS error.
    With v0.3 (from liquidguy) it does nothing apart from jumping up to the top of the page (like look some comments above) and appending a "#" to the URL.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
    sokai
  • Options
    Might I suggest that if this has been abandoned, that someone contact the original developer to get permission to take over maintenance? It would be nice to have this unofficial versions made official.
  • Options
    Please, can you tell me how to add target="_blank" automatically to the url link ?
  • Options
    Doesn't work at all for me