Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notify

Comments

• Options
    @jeffk I sent you the extension via mail
  • Options
    Thanks hutstein. I will load it up tonight
  • Options
    Ok. Major progress: no errors. However, the functionality isn't there yet. You can subscribe and unsubscribe from categories and the forum, however it doesn't actually send the email out when a new comment has been posted. Also, there is a new notification section in your account page which is really awesome. I'm really looking forward to it, which will allow an individual user to kind of customize their notification experience. Hutstein is almost there with this. I can't wait until its functional.
  • Options
    It's good to see some progress happening. Thanks. I await the good word that the next release is ready.
  • Options
    [Edit 06-May-2007: Typo corrections, run-on-sentence fixed]

I just downloaded, extracted, uploaded to my website, enabled and then ran a few tests. Seems to work perfectly for me. Sounds like anyone who is still having problems with it actually sending mails either has a server configuration problem, or a Vanilla configuration problem - both to do with SMTP stuff.

When I recently first started using Vanilla, I configured the Admin account options / forum preferences to "Receive email notifications when new users apply for membership" (I had left the SMTP options blank in the Application Settings). That also worked right out of the box.

I will be happy to share more information with anyone who asks.
  • Options
    What about this error that pops up in reference to 4 lines...
    Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of checknotifysyntax(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /extensions/Notify/default.php on line 120

Posted: Sunday, 6 May 2007 at 5:02PM

• Options
    I am not experiencing any errors at all. My informal testing and my users indicate that this add-on is working well. I'm a newbie in php though - if there is anywhere that errors are reported other than on the rendered page I don't know where to look.
  • Options
    I even turned off error reporting...

error_reporting(0);
    ...but the errors persisted.

Posted: Monday, 7 May 2007 at 1:11PM

• Options
    HandyRandyIndy -- I'd be grateful if you would look at my forum and help me get rid of the error.

http://www.christopheravery.com/forum/

Email me at ca@christopheravery.com. I'll grant you access.

Thanks!
    Christopher
  • Options
    Hello, the current available version of this plugin (somehow) works on my Vanilla installation. Now I'm wondering if users can automatically be subscribed to a certain category when they're approved. Can anyone help me on this? If this needs to be hard coded, the category ID is '1'.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    @cavery: I'm afraid I won't be able to be of much help (I'm a PHP newbie). I visited the URL you posted and it gave this error: Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/www/users/cavery/christopheravery/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 224 Are you sure you are using the latest revision of the add-on? The referenced line in the default.php file in my installation reads: $SubscribeOwnStatus = CheckSubscribeOwn(&$this->Context);
  • Options
    Where are we with the fixed version of this extension?
    My members are hassling me.

Posted: Monday, 21 May 2007 at 5:57PM

• Options
    @Wanderer > You aren't the only one.

- http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4593/notify-02-error-messages-and-help-needed/#Comment_59325
    - http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5211/email-notification/#Item_6
    - http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5118/email-notification-when-will-this-be-ready/#Item_4

There was also another discussion about it where Hutstein and myself were whispering back and forth doing some beta testing on a new version. I can't seem to find it, however the beta testing was "getting there" but there were still some functionality that needed to be fixed (such as the sending of the email). Visually, the new version looks awesome, but its still not functioning correctly. Its probably been a month since I've heard from him on it.
  • Options
    Yes I did some testing via whispers too, still I was able to report no success though.

Posted: Monday, 21 May 2007 at 9:27PM

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.0 of Notify.
  • Options
    So here we go again... It took very very long, but finally I got it. I hope it works for everyone...
    the Notification Control in the settings panel is still missing, but you can allow/disallow the subscribtions directly in the conf/settings.php with the following items:

$Configuration['NOTIFY_ALLOW_ALL'] = '1';
    $Configuration['NOTIFY_ALLOW_DISCUSSION'] = '1';
    $Configuration['NOTIFY_ALLOW_CATEGORY'] = '1';
  • Options
    I get this when I enable it:
    Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of CheckNotifySyntax(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 120

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 120

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of CheckNotifySyntax(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 126

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of CheckSubscribeOwn(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 368
    Also, the notification setting is made available, however it doesn't seem to work very well. Not yet, at least.
  • Options
    same here
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.0 of Notify.
  • Options
    there went something wrong at uploading, now it should work
This discussion has been closed.