Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Role History

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Role History

Comments

• Options
    is there any way to edit a user's role history? for example, we recently went through a bunch of role streamlining, deleting some, folding some into others, renaming some, and currently everybody's role history is a giant mess of 8 or so changes, with notes. it looks a little silly, and it'd be nice to just have the end result displayed, without the intermediate steps. i imagine this has more to do with editing the database somewhere, but i figured this was a good a place to ask as any.

thanks!
  • Options
    A really simple hack would be to move the brace that ends the while loop to the top. This will effectively skip through all database rows and leave only the last one to be displayed. You can do this by typing three characters:

On line 46, you should see this (code you need to add in red):
    	while ($Row = $this->Context->Database->GetRow($this->History)) { }
    and comment out the end brace on line 65
    //	}
    echo "</ul>";
  • Options
    thanks wallphone, that would do just nicely for now, until i can figure out a way to delete just the entiries that are mucking it up.

thanks!
  • Options
    uh oh, i've run into a spot of trouble. using the hack suggested above, it does indeed only display one role history for everybody. unfortunately, they all read like this:

Role history

(Dec 31st 1969)

Role assigned by Applicant with the following notes:

any ideas?
  • Options
    hello!

what do i have to change to show EVERY role change? (even the Unauthenticated role!)
    i think the Unauthenticated role should be even part of a complete history - right?

so please tell me what to change so the pending Unauthenticated role will also show up.

thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Unauthenticated is king of a pseudo-role. No users ever actually have that role cause as soon as they become a user they get assigned into a real role...
  • Options
    hi minisweeper!

then please check THIS ONE ;)

Unauthenticated (Feb 13th 2005)
    Role assigned by Applicant with the following notes:
    Registration pending administrative approval.

i want the same ... :D
    so everyone is able to see WHEN a user signed up and WHEN he got aproved.
  • Options
    I think that's a bug...it also says the role was assigned by applicant...
  • Options
    mhhh, could you anyway check the few lines of code to tell me if its possible to also show up the "fake-role"? that should basicly be possible to change in between the source code but i do not know how :( would be nice if you help me. thx!
  • Options
    anyone could help me to change the addon to show all roles? like i descriped above... thx!
  • Options
    please check http://lussumo.com/community/account.php?u=52 ;) Unauthenticated (Feb 13th 2005) Role assigned by Applicant with the following notes: Registration pending administrative approval. i want the same ... so everyone is able to see WHEN a user signed up and WHEN he got aproved. who can help and tell me what to edit in the addon? thx eugen
This discussion has been closed.