Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

WeightedWords

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
WeightedWords

Comments

• Options
    hi, Is there a mod rewrite rule for this addon?
  • Options
    Could you please explain further as to why this would be needed?
  • Options
    hi of course. So that results page can have an SEO friendly url. So, instead of something like: http://forum.website.com/search.php?PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=import&Type=Comments&btnSubmit=Search it would be perhaps: http://forum.website.com/topics/import or similar.
  • Options
    I've never done any rewrite rules, but I'm open to learn.
  • Options
    this extention killed my forum
  • Options
    Could you please provide a little more information?
  • Options
    halo_12: Concerning rewrite rules, a web designer friend referred me to this site http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/mod_rewrite-rewriterule-generator.shtml

I tried plugging in your example, but didn't come up with a good solution. Are there any good rules writers out there?
  • Options
    conradslater: do you mean rankings wise, or it actually broke your forum?
  • Options
    the forum just white screened and failed to load at all after I'd switch it on I hate delete the folder and the line from the extentions file to get the forum back up again - not even an error message I'm affraid
  • Options
    Hi, is there anyway of removing categories from being indexed? I have a hidden category which is used by the private discussions extension, however the weightedwords extension also used words from members private disucssion and displays them on the site which is a bit awkward....
  • Options
    Can you tell me the name of the add-on you are using so I can look into this? I couldn't find a private discussions add-on.

Edit: I figured out that I could modify the query statement to exclude a particular CategoryID. Try replacing the current $query statement in both places in the default.php file and change "CategoryID <> 2" to the Category you want to exclude.
    $query = "SELECT * FROM ".$this->Context->Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX']."Comment COM INNER JOIN ".$this->Context->Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX']."Discussion DIS ON COM.DiscussionID = DIS.DiscussionID LEFT JOIN ".$this->Context->Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX']."Category CAT ON DIS.CategoryID = CAT.CategoryID WHERE DIS.CategoryID <> 2 AND Body > ' ' AND CommentID > 1 AND Deleted = '0' AND COM.WhisperUserID = 0";
    I also realized this included Whispers which should also be excluded. So I added that.

The query will probably slow down response time.

Let me know how this works.
  • Options
    Hey Jimw, I'll try this out now thanks. I think the extension is called 'PrivateMessages' ...
  • Options
    Jimw - worked great :) - thanks mate...
  • Options
    Looks good. But it would be nice to be able to have an "exclude" list. This add-on reads my BBCode, so of course I have the words img, quote, etc. showing up in huge font.
  • Options
    Someone asked that before but I wasn't sure how to do that. Maybe all I need to do is to add a function that would strip out the html and bbcode tags. I'll look for that.

I did a little experimenting and think the following will work. There are 2 places in the default.php that have this while loop.
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { $postwords = strip_tags($row[7]); $string = $string.$postwords; }
    Change it to look like this. I'm not real good at preg_replace and would hope that others here will check this.
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { $postwords = strip_tags($row[7]); $xbbpostwords = preg_replace('/\[.*?\]/', '', $postwords); // to strip out bbcode $string = $string.$xbbpostwords; }
This discussion has been closed.