Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

View entire memberlist

sprockettsprockett New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is it me or can i not find a feautre that lists all members? a couple of ppl joined my vanilla, and i apporved them. I then wanted to assign one of them as ADMIN, and found no way to do so! Short of asking him to post something, and then click on his profile->change role, I was unable to do this...

Comments

• NickENickE New
    edited November 2005
    Go to search, select users, then submit.
  • SirNot, sirYES! thanks................
  • /me looks at sirnot with an expression of disbelief and shakes his head in the direction of sprockett....where do we find these people?! these doubters?! tsh. (only kidding!)
  • i'm at the top o' the list, sweet.
  • edited November 2005
    haha. That's cause you were searching by most recently active (default) and since you'd just clicked, it was you. :P edit: second thoughts, it's alphabetically by default. Last active is an option. You and your stupid number name :P
  • i think im gonna reregister as 0000000011111111sprockett wait is '0' even the first?
  • minisweeper: na na na naaa naaaaa
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    you can easily do: Search > sort:Date; > Users radio button to see the activity from the begining the the current list of last people using the forum. Additionally you can do sort:Name; to get the alphabetical query.
  • And you can then save the search if you wish to view it often. I think its much better using a search to list members.
  • their really should be userlist category or tab called "General" with a userlist, forum stats, etc
  • Forum stats are for girly men.
  • just in general, their should be an easier way to view a member list
  • What could be easier than clicking 'search' 'users' 'search'? Besides a big flashing button?
  • gigingergiginger New
    edited February 2006
    ^-------- I have the button!
  • well many for a user to go to search hit the users circle then hit enter for the member lis will get annoying. there could definately be another way to view the member list.
  • They could always make themselves a saved search of it first time round to make it even easier...
  • you can even display saved searches in the side panel.
  • BenBen
    edited February 2006
    I made an extension which added a user tab to the top bar which linked to the search results. This was the extension for version 0.2.6, I don't know what it'd be for 0.9.3 though <?php /* Extension Name: Ben's User Tab Extension Extension Url: http://soul-scape.com/ Description: Adds a User tab to the menu. Version: 1.0 Author: Ben Author Url: http://www.soul-scape.com/ */ if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("index.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "search.php", "post.php", "account.php", "settings.php"))) { $Menu->AddTab("Users", "Users", "search.php?PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=sort%3ADate%3B&btnSubmit=Search&Type=Users", "UsersTab", $Attributes = "", $Position = "4", $ForcePosition = "1"); } ?>
  • edited August 2006
    I thought this creates a tab up top

http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=116 ? ?
    I tried this one and it didn't add a tab

you mean the only way to view the membe list is by search ?

got it working, had to resync the tabs
  • If an extension doesnt work in the way you're expecting it to you're probably best finding a discussion regarding that extension or making a new one with a related title.
This discussion has been closed.