Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

AjaxQuote

Comments

• Options
    This doesn't work with Tinymce enabled. I get an error message as follows:

Line 58
    Error: can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I'd still like a quote function for TinyMCE. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    +1 I use TinyMCE and have no ideas how to add quote function ...
  • Options
    Help! Still get this error:

Line 58
    Error: can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.

I tried to look at line 58 to see if it is referencing a different name for the comment box than does TinyMCE, but no luck. If someone can help me decipher if this error is in AjaxQoute or in Tiny MCE maybe I can figure it out...
  • Options
    Might be worth taking a look at the FCKAjaxQuote extension and seeing if you can apply the same principles to create a patch for TinyMCE?
  • Options
    i get the same problem as another user... quoting on a page without a comment box just takes me back to the discussion index (root URL). maybe i need to add a comment box on every page. it'd be better if it worked though.
  • Options
    Would it be possible to modify this add-on so that it quotes the text that has been highlighted like the quotation add-on does?
  • Options
    Does anyone know how resource friendly this extension is? I've been having issues with server use, and noticed (from the description that..) its grabs the original data from the DB on the fly.

I assume that if we have tons of quotes and it refreshes every time someone loads a page, it might be hitting the DB hard.
  • Options
    This may or may not be an issue with AjaxQuote, but if I try to start a new discussion that is blank (no subject, no comment), it gives me this error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampplite\Vanilla\extensions\AjaxQuote\default.php on line 60

Fatal error: Call to a member function Remove() on a non-object in C:\xampplite\Vanilla\extensions\AjaxQuote\default.php on line 60

When it should normally give me the proper error message.
  • Options
    i have a user with an apostrophe in their username - ajaxquote fails when trying to quote one of their posts. any ideas on a fix for that, please?

tia!
  • Options
    Isn't the apostrophe an 'escape' character in php? It'll probably need to be fixed in the code...
  • Options
    Actually the backstroke \ is the escape character, if the name is O'Brien the code should read:  O\'Brien
  • Options
    There you go, It must not be doing that correctly.
  • Options
    yes, that's what i'm saying :)
  • Options
    When creating discussion and it's blank:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/XXXXXX/domain/forum/extensions/AjaxQuote/default.php on line 60
  • Options
    same error when creating a discussion and either the title or text body is left empty, or if incorrect name is entered when whispering
  • Options
    i have a user with an apostrophe in their username - ajaxquote fails when trying to quote one of their posts. any ideas on a fix for that, please?

tia!

:)
  • Options
    I noticed a bug when quoting messages with images that are either attached using the Attachments 2.0 extension or linked to from externally, the actual image is not displayed in the quote. All that is quoted is the text from the source of quote.

Obviously this can be a problem if all that was originally posted was an image along with no text. The quote would render completely empty. Is there any way to include any posted images as part of the quote?
  • Options
    That, as I understand things, is an issue with Attachments (1.x and 2.x) since you can only call an "attached image" using the [Image_xx] code for attachments you have uploaded and AjaxQuote pulls the information directly from the database. Does this will happen with the other quoting extensions as well?
  • Options
    I've not really tried any other quoting extensions to be honest. I'm using the BBCodeParser along with the BBInsertBar extension and I wasn't sure if any other quoting extension would be compatible with these.