Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Guest Post

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I have a saved search that returns Guest posts which I check regularly. On the rare occasion when a SPAMmer sneaks one through I simply delete it.

A manual approach but so is an approval queue.

Posted: Friday, 31 October 2008 at 8:17PM

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    How do I get rid of the recaptcha but keep guest posting on? Solved: Edit line 24 in default.php (Change the 1 to a 0)
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    How do I remove the login box above the guest comment box? It's not working for me Or better yet, can I change it to something so that users can input a name that appears instead of "Guest"
  • Options
    You want it to say "Guest" if they are not logged in don't you?

Otherwise I could write a comment and attribute it to anyone else.

You should get the login working.

Posted: Sunday, 2 November 2008 at 10:46AM

• Options
    Hi Guys, I would recommend a small correction to this extension.

If you're not logged in as a user - so you're a guest - and you leave username, password and "accidentally" also the comment part empty, you will see the following php notice message on the next screen:
    "Notice: Undefined variable: Failed in c:\... \extensions\GuestPost\library\Function.GuestPost.php on line 67"

The notice is always there, even if you enter something into the comment box. In this case, you can't see it only because of page redirection.

The notice is because $Failed stays undefined in a particular case which leads to error when program run reaches the line of "if ($Failed) ..." on line 67.
    Therefore, I recommend adding something like the new line below:

//if the spam check was good, or Captcha is turned off, or you're logging in if ($resp->is_valid || GuestPostCaptcha == 0 || ($GU != $Username && $GP != $Password)) { if (!$UserManager->ValidateUserCredentials($Username, $Password, 0)) { $Failed=1; } else { $Failed=0;} // new line } else { $Failed=1; } //for whatever reason, it's failed - so take it to the failed page. if ($Failed) ...

Another thing:
    Could someone share guest post version 1.41, please? I'm interested in how the Nickname stuff works...
  • Options
    Has anybody had any thoughts as to whether guests should be able to choose a name when posting a comment?

I picked up on a suggestion in another thread and thought it would be a good idea.

the guest post add-on? can someone explain this to me... # 5
  • Options
    I've followed the instructions: created a guest account and recaptcha account and filled in the respective fields for the default.php file and I'm still getting this error when trying to put up a Guest post.

Notice: Undefined variable: Failed in /home/public_html/vanilla/extensions/GuestPost/library/Function.GuestPost.php on line 67

I'm not sure why it's not working, I've double checked my recaptcha and guest login information as well.

Please help!
  • Options
    Also -- I even added the Role for Guest and enabled: Can Sign In, Add an Answer, and Start Questions. Still no luck with the same error on line 67.

Some problems were encountered
    You do not have permission to add answers to questions.
    You cannot take part in the questions or answers because you are not signed in!
  • Options
    Crazy! The addon started working for posting a reply to a discussion; however, is this addon also suppose to allow for Guests to start new discussions also?

If not, is there an addon for this feature?

Thanks
  • Options
    Ok guys, please forgive me for this as what ever I have done must be stupid, but heres my problem...

I have set this all up and can see it working. How ever when I attempt to post as a guest It always comes up with this:
    Some problems were encountered
    The requested username and password combination could not be found.
    You do not have permission to add comments to discussions.

I have made the Guest account and filled in the pass and username in the default.php perfectly. I have also made a new role for the account which it is allowed to sign in, add comments, HTML & Images allowed (saw it in a post above).

I have been playing with it for about a week now, and still cant get my head around it... anything I might have missed out?
  • Options
    What vaniller said. I need guest users to be able to start new threads. :(