Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mary

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Mary

Comments

• Finally!
  • "Finally"?? It went from concept to product in less than 48 hours. Patience, grasshopper.
  • well done.

cheers for taking my idea and making it so :o)
  • hahaha @ squirrel. Actually this concept has been thought up before - but this time round it was a pretty quick turnover.
  • Looking forward to having enough time to try this out (VM's rock :D).
  • I just installed this and enabled it, but I am not seeing how to control it. The README.html file that comes with Mary has a "Configuration" section that states the following:

Mary has very few settings to worry about. The two main ones are stored in Vanilla's conf/settings.php file.

$Configuration['FORUM_IS_OFFLINE']
    If this setting is removed or set to "0", your forum will work normally. If it is set to "1" (or "true", or "monkey", or any other non-empty string), then only users with special permission will be able to log in or use the forum. Everyone else will be logged out and will see a message that the forum is offline for maintenance.
    $Configuration['FORUM_OFFLINE_MESSAGE']
    This string contains the message your users will see when the forum is offline. This setting is optional, but recommended if you don't want to badly confuse your users.

But I've looked inside my /conf/settings.php file and those two $Configuration settings are not in there. I would assume the extension should create these, because they README says nothing about us having to add them by hand.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • Ditto. Must the main settings file be updated manually? Thanks
  • cool ...

guys ... i'v install it ... then i give the admin the permission role .

after that i take the forum off ! then take the role out of admin

and i cannot log in back ??

i tried to rename the file

or delete it and reinstall it ...

still out my forum ......

is there any way to log back ? or to enable this role to the admin by setting.php file ??

Cheers !
  • i know how now ... sorry ...

i change the conf/setting.php

line 39
    $Configuration['FORUM_IS_OFFLINE'] = '1'; i replace it to [0] ..

Cheers !

Feras.B
This discussion has been closed.