Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

13»

Comments

• Options
    So you've completely wiped out the possibility of webmail then..
  • Options
    Webmail ftw
  • Options
    Hmmm... never thunk of that.
    However, webmail is surely what you only use when you are away from home/office without access to your regular computer?
    If he does use webmail exclusively (which I seriously doubt) he might think about getting a client so it can check every 5 minutes for him, simple solution?

Posted: Friday, 3 August 2007 at 6:20AM

• Options
    A lot of people use webmail exclusively. Like you I'm not entirely sure why (unless they dont have regular access to a computer) - but some people just never bother setting clients up (for whatever reason). He might consider it though, yes.
  • Options
    You can use webmail and still have it check every 5 minutes. Hell, I use gmail for all of my email use and it automatically reloads for me in my browser. Plus, the firefox add-on gmail notifier which checks just as often. It could be done.
  • Options
    Yes gmail is cool, I check it using Mail.app, rarely use the web interface.

Posted: Friday, 3 August 2007 at 2:10PM

• Options
    Sorry for the late response, gone for the weekend, anywho. I just want a place for Mod discussion to be automatically added in a designated format. So its easy to read, easy to find and accessible to all the people I give it access to. So if something does come up we can look back on the decision's made by myself or the Mod and hopefully clear things up. Rather then having a person delete there emails and complain about it later without any proof or something else that might come up. Just a fall back on problems in the future and a place to discuss it. Simple as that really.
  • Options
    Hello, I made a bunch of improvements to this add-on. 1. fix the speling of "Recieve" to "Receive" 2. uses a dictionary lookup for the 'Report Post' message that users see, rather than coding it into default.php 3. has a hacked up improvement to looking for which users will receive reports. It does this by limiting the users selected from EVERYONE in the database (very expensive) to only those within roles that can receive notifications (hardcoded as RoleID = 4 - refer to TODO item in code.) Another nice feature that I haven't coded would be to ask the user for a reason for reporting a post. A unified diff against version 1.1 can be found here: http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~kimihia/tmp/reportpost-11.diff (Note that correcting the spelling of "Receive" causes existing permissions set under the incorrect spelling to be lost.) Stephen Cope Department of Statistics, The University of Auckland
  • Options
    just localized this extension and still was saying 'Report Post' so had to fix it:

diff default.orig.php default.php
    23c23 < $CommentList .= "<a onclick=\"callReport('".$URL."','".$Comment->CommentID."','".$ReportUserID."')\" id=\"CommentID_".$Comment->CommentID."\">Report Post</a>"; --- > $CommentList .= "<a onclick=\"callReport('".$URL."','".$Comment->CommentID."','".$ReportUserID."')\" id=\"CommentID_".$Comment->CommentID."\">".$Context->GetDefinition('PostReport')."</a>";
  • Options
    BUG? TRY TO HACK?

Hello everybody ... i just checked my server logs and found tons of error messages concerning the yellow fade addon in combination with the report post addon:

[error] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ReportPost_YELLOWFADE - assumed 'ReportPost_YELLOWFADE' in /home/whatever/public_html/vanilla/extensions/ReportPost/default.php on line 88

anyone any idea or could tell me whats the prob? :(
    thx
  • Options
    line 88 of default.php says: <b>$Anchor = (ReportPost_YELLOWFADE ? '#Comment_'. $CommentID : '#Item_'. $RowPosition);</b> anyone knows what the problem is? what do i have to do to fix the error - if its one ...
  • Options
    knock knock ... anyone alife? :(
  • Options
    Disable yellow fade, see what that does.
This discussion has been closed.