Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileBrowser Integration

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
FileBrowser Integration

Comments

• I will be away for the next couple of days. If any errors come up, i'm sure that this community will be able to handle it until i am back. Enjoy the beta :D
  • has anybody else tried this? after following the installation instructions, i get a blank screen (well, minus vanilla's header/panel) when trying to access the "Application Settings" under the Filbrowser options in my Settings tab, and i get this error when trying to access Thumbnailer options.

Warning: main(Filebrowser.Configuration.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thescot2/public_html/forums/extensions/FileBrowser/default.php on line 81

Warning: main(Filebrowser.Configuration.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thescot2/public_html/forums/extensions/FileBrowser/default.php on line 81

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'Filebrowser.Configuration.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thescot2/public_html/forums/extensions/FileBrowser/default.php on line 81
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    The "Configuration" class referenced by "Configuration" does not appear to exist.
    Affected Elements
    ObjectFactory.NewObject();

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

i had a look through FileBrowser.Configuration.php but aside from confirming that the directories/permissions were set up correctly, i'm not sure what else to check.

any thoughts?
  • you tried 777? also make the directory 777 for now. see if that works then wen back from there to maybe 755.
  • yeah, the directory is 777, and i know things are getting uploaded there because it is the directory that i have my Attachments extensions set to upload to (my idea is to have all the user-uploaded stuff be viewable in filebrowser). so that's 777, and things are being uploaded to every time i attach them to a comment.

perhaps i should try 777'ing the files in the Vanilla/extensions/FileBrowser folder itself? afaik the ones that need read/write have it but i suppose it couldn't hurt?
  • yes that is what i meant, 777 for filebrowser.configuration.php
  • i just 777'd the entire folder, to no avail.

i'm about to head out of work now, but i'll check back here later.

thanks so far:)
  • hmm is that file capitalized correctly?
  • yeap, i believe so - i just uploaded everything straight away, didn't alter anything

the cases all match what is listed in the config file as well
  • Having the same issues above. Not sure if it's regarding anything to do with Friendly URLs.
  • @mis-one - i wonder if that is indeed it. i will try disabling them and see if that helps

edit: and that's a negative. not working with friendly URLs disabled, either.
  • Looks like a path issue rather than a permissions issue...
  • Looks like there are some path issues?

Filebrowser.Thumbnailer.php
    16 // Global Constants 17 // define("sgLIBRARY", "c:/applications/lussumo/GlobalLibrary/"); 18 define("sgLIBRARY", "/applications/lussumo/GlobalLibrary/");

Filebrowser.Index.php
    18 // Global Constants 19 define("sgLIBRARY", "c:/applications/lussumo/GlobalLibrary/");
  • another one of my user's got this error before i disabled the extension

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/cafeint/public_html/extensions/FileBrowser/default.php on line 54
  • For the first error: Filebrowser.Configuration.php is miss spelled in the archive, it should be written with a small letter b for browser...
  • after following the installation instructions, i get a blank screen (well, minus vanilla's header/panel) when trying to access the "Application Settings" under the Filbrowser options in my Settings tab
    Same to me!

And shouldn't there be a new tab "FileBrowser"?
  • ahh, have you made the "filebrowser" folder in vanilla root?
  • Yes, of course, and chmod 777 on it.

Thumbnail-Builder works fine, showing the images inside the folder 'filebrowser'.

Uhm, I'm using friendly urls.
  • @Tiggr - thanks for the help on the first error! i can now see the thumbnailer, it's listing files correctly. still getting the same issue (blank screen) as before, everything is chmod 777'd. if you make any headway, let me know, as i haven't had much time to look at it this past week
  • I'm now able to access the Thumbnailer admin, but the path issues in my comment #13 above still exist. Changing them to "/" was closer to being correct according to the "Current Directory" link at the top, but it's still not quite right. I'm currently getting:

[base URL]/settings.php/filebrowser/

as the "Current Directory" with that as my global variables.
  • The tab is not showing. Workaround: add a tab using PageManager, with the following url: http://www.yourdomain.com/extension.php?PostBackAction=FileBrowser It works. However I found that people without permission to see the tab get's an error and can't view the forum at all. So I turned it off.
This discussion has been closed.