Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Dojo Files

123457»

Comments

• Options
    If you use page manager, you will have to resync tables (found on Page Manager settings page).
  • Options
    I have the same problem as Tiggr mentioned above. Tiggr, could you advise me how to solve the "not-webaccessible-storage"downloading issue? Are there any permission issues? Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi Sujang!

Please have a look at this post: Dojo Files # 26, it may help!

No Problem with permissions!

Tiggr
  • Options
    Great! Thank you Mr Do and Tiggr, Solved and works very good.
  • Options
    Hey guys. Its been over a month since last version. Are people using it? Is it up to your standards? Any suggestions for improvements? There is still one thing I personally would like to get done before going to 1.0 version, and that is the height and width of flash/image/shockwave/movies displayed in forum. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this?
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm allready using it, but only in a very small forum - only three members at this time, it's only for coordinating our teamwork.

I like your externsion very much, it's very useful.

One thing I would like, would be some way to use different categories for files. I don't need to separate the files by filetype (now shockwave/movies at all). But it would be useful to have categories or tags - something like "plan, foto, sketch, list of parts, ...

Bye
    Tiggr
  • Options
    @Tiggr: Well the way to do that with the system as it is, is to post the different images to different discussions. Create a file host category and a discussion under that for each "tag". Have you looked into trying to merge it with the Tag add-on someone else has made here. If you add tags to the discussions with that system, I could probably display it in the table so you could sort by it and what not. Possibly. Or probably easiest of all, create one category for each "Tag" and post your images to the correct category. Then I create the option to display Category instead of Discussion in my table. If you want to hide more than one category, use the category hider add-on. How would this work?

Its good to see that your using it anyway. I did kinda assume that only smaller (probably private) forums would want this feature, but as such a valuable tool.
  • Options
    It's allready very usefull to keep track on dokuments posted during diskussion. We do small kite building workshops, only one or two in a year, but allready for such a small application, it's great to have all the kite planes, the cost calculations, material list, participiant list in one place.

Using discussion categories as file tags doesn't work for me. When I post a plan of a specific kite in a discussion about a workshop, it must be labeld "plan" and not "workshop"... but "workshop" would be a could secondary tag... ;-)

But if nobody else is using Dojo Files, then let it be the way it is, it's good enought for small and medium forums.

Perhabs for medium to large forum, some way of searching would be fun... but I can seach on discussions... so I don't realy need this!

In one short sentence: Dojo Files is all I need!
  • Options
    Well I installed the Attachments extension, created folders and set categories, modified permissions, etc. But all I get when I click the 'Files' tabs is this:

SELECT AttachmentID,Title,Path,LUM_Attachment.Name filename,LUM_Attachment.DiscussionID,LUM_Attachment.Size,LUM_Discussion.Name disc_name,LUM_Attachment.CommentID,LUM_User.Name name,DATE_FORMAT(DateModified, '%D %b ') datoen FROM `LUM_User` LEFT JOIN `LUM_Attachment` USING (`UserID`) LEFT JOIN `LUM_Discussion` USING (`DiscussionID`) WHERE vis = '1' ORDER BY LUM_Attachment.Title LIMIT 0 , 50; Unknown column 'vis' in 'where clause'

Any ideas?
  • Options
    u must ad the vis column to the table. read the install instructions again :)
  • Options
    There's nothing about columns in the readme.txt, at least in mine.

Where exactly are these installation instructions?
  • Options
    Same problem

Had to do it by hands.
    ALTER TABLE `Attachment` ADD `vis` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
    Now it works.

Have found this bit of code in default.php, but seems something is going wrong there.

And nothing in Readme.txt about it.
  • Options
    Did the code ever get updated so the column automatically gets added at install? I get this error but do not see anything in the README for the correction - I am not a programmer so I am not about to get under the hood . . . SELECT AttachmentID,Title,Path,LUM_Attachment.Name filename,LUM_Attachment.DiscussionID,LUM_Attachment.Size,LUM_Discussion.Name disc_name,LUM_Attachment.CommentID,LUM_User.Name name,DATE_FORMAT(DateModified, '%D %b ') datoen FROM `LUM_User` LEFT JOIN `LUM_Attachment` USING (`UserID`) LEFT JOIN `LUM_Discussion` USING (`DiscussionID`) WHERE vis = '1' ORDER BY LUM_Attachment.Title ;
  • Options
    Eh sorry, I may never have gotten around to this, or uploaded the wrong version. I dont have the code offline at this time, but basically all you do is run the SQL given above by ChiOne
    ALTER TABLE `Attachment` ADD `vis` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
  • Options
    I made a small modification that restricts Dojo Files to show only files that the currently logged in user has uploaded or all files if the user is logged in with the admin userid number 1. In default.php starting on line 239 modify the code to look like this [code] $selfID = $this->Context->Session->UserID; if ($selfID != 1) { $selfwhere = "AND UserID = $selfID"; } else { $selfwhere = ""; } if ($this->Context->Configuration['PER_PAGE'] > 0) { $res = mysql_query("SELECT AttachmentID FROM LUM_Attachment $where;"); $nrOfPages = ceil(mysql_affected_rows() / $this->Context->Configuration['PER_PAGE']); $page = 1; if (isset($_GET['Page'])) $page = $_GET['Page']; $limit_start = ($page-1) * $this->Context->Configuration['PER_PAGE']; $q = "SELECT AttachmentID,Title,Path,LUM_Attachment.Name filename,LUM_Attachment.DiscussionID,LUM_Attachment.Size,LUM_Discussion.Name disc_name,LUM_Attachment.CommentID,LUM_User.Name name,DATE_FORMAT(DateModified, '%D %b ') datoen FROM `LUM_User` LEFT JOIN `LUM_Attachment` USING (`UserID`) LEFT JOIN `LUM_Discussion` USING (`DiscussionID`) $where $selfwhere ORDER BY $order_by $desc LIMIT $limit_start , ".$this->Context->Configuration['PER_PAGE'].";"; //die( $q); } else { $q = "SELECT AttachmentID,Title,Path,LUM_Attachment.Name filename,LUM_Attachment.DiscussionID,LUM_Attachment.Size,LUM_Discussion.Name disc_name,LUM_Attachment.CommentID,LUM_User.Name name,DATE_FORMAT(DateModified, '%D %b ') datoen FROM `LUM_User` LEFT JOIN `LUM_Attachment` USING (`UserID`) LEFT JOIN `LUM_Discussion` USING (`DiscussionID`) $where $selfwhere ORDER BY $order_by $desc;"; } [/code] [/code]
  • Options
    Hello!

I recently started using Vanilla (again) - preparing for a mass influx of forum users.

This extension is nice - and something that I badly need. I have a few observations that I think could improve DojoFiles..

First off, hardcoding in "LUM_Etc" for the SQL tables is bad juju. I did not install the Vanilla database into the default LUM_ for my own reasons, but having your extension break because of an option Vanilla gave me to rename the database to something non-default sucked. I had to manually go in and change it on every line of code to get it to work.

Also, the extension still isn't automatically adding "vis" which sucks, but isn't a deal breaker. What I find more irritating is that you broke the format of variable naming inside the LUM_Attachments table. All of the variables are capitalized, yours is not. (For example, VAN_Attachment.Title vs VAN_Attachment.vis). I know this may seem small, but consistency is the key to readable and update able code. Having to remember that one variable in the table isn't capitalized and the rest aren't is troublesome, especially considering you are having your users manually add a column.

The last, and probably most irritating result of this extension is that depending on which style/theme we have for Vanilla, there is not enough width in the content div for your table to fit, causing the table to break outside the div and ruin the layout of the page, which looks tacky. Maybe allowing for a more dynamic way of displaying content could fix this? AJAX style, or something less bulky?

Either way, I still love this extension, and might hack it up a bit myself if I get some time!

Update: I fixed the database prefix issue: Grab it here
    Might do more work later :) I also see why my column was not created, even though you have some code to add it. This file should fix it. Lastly, I renamed "vis" to "Vis", to follow the current standard.
  • Options
    For some reason when I click the "hide" button then go to the "HIDDEN" page, when I click on "show" nothing happens. The file stays there and doesn't rejoin the other files. Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    vanilla 1.1.10
    after instal Dojo
    i have this error
    SELECT AttachmentID,Title,Path,LUM_Attachment.Name filename,LUM_Attachment.DiscussionID,LUM_Attachment.Size,LUM_Discussion.Name disc_name,LUM_Attachment.CommentID,LUM_User.Name name,DATE_FORMAT(DateModified, '%D %b ') datoen FROM `LUM_User` LEFT JOIN `LUM_Attachment` USING (`UserID`) LEFT JOIN `LUM_Discussion` USING (`DiscussionID`) WHERE vis = '1' ORDER BY LUM_Attachment.Title LIMIT 0 , 100;
    No database selected

someone have ideas?