Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

NamedVanilla2

JasonPJasonP
edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
NamedVanilla2

Comments

• Options
    Any chance of a little bit more description on this? Does it basically just speed up Vanilla and fix a DB bug - or what?
  • Options
    It just speeds up the original NamedVanilla theme and fixes as issues it has if corrupt data is returned to it (I'm still unsure why that happened on someone's site).

The theme simply supplies a mouse-over effect on links that shows the users actual name.
  • Options
    great theme! xD but there's an error when I tried to do a search on topics. searching for comments and users is ok. the error is: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/webspeek/public_html/smkbs/v2/themes/NamedVanilla2/discussion.php on line 28
  • Options
    Uploaded version 3 of NamedVanilla2.
  • Options
    sagech, ok I hadn't caught that! Thanks, I added a simple work around to the theme which turns off the feature in the search results. I can't seem to find any wrapper file (like discussion.php) for the search results- which I changed in my theme. *scratches head*
  • Options
    Hi Jason,

I have created another version of your theme for Vanilla users who have also integrated their Vanilla with WordPress. This theme allows them to use WordPress' display_name as opposed to Vanilla's virual FullName field. This theme will not work without the WordPressFullName theme, and none of it will work without implementing the WordPress2.5 Bridge. I am about to post these items in the Add-Ons section and will post back here when I'm done. I just wanted to give you a heads-up. Let me know if you have any concerns or questions in the comments for that theme. I am calling the new theme NamedVanilla2_WordPress.

Jon Watson
  • Options
    Does this extension work with Wordpress 2.7? I've enabled the extention and the theme you've devloped but the Vanilla username is still showing up everywhere instead of the wordpress display_name.