Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unanswered Discussions

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Unanswered Discussions

Comments

• Options
    Thanks to Wallphone, I eventually fulfilled my own add-on request.
  • Options
    Wohoo! I'm first. Yep, it seems to be working fine. It displays all the topics in which I havnt replied. It includes topics that I started and nobody else answered in too.
  • Options
    I'm second! And it works fine: http://www.larp-welt.de/forum/ ! Great Idea! Thank you!
  • Options
    I saw it first on the Code Igniter forums, but I guess CI is not the first to have this in its forums.
  • Options
    To seo Friendly Urls
    Add
    RewriteRule ^discussions/unanswered/(.*)$ /discussions/?View=UnansweredDiscussions [QSA,L]
    To the .htaccess

Then open up
    /path/to/vanilla/extensions/UnansweredDiscussions/default.php

Find :
    $Url = GetUrl(
    $Configuration,
    'index.php', '', '', '', '',
    'View=UnansweredDiscussions');

Replace with
    $Url = GetUrl(
    $Configuration,
    'index.php', '', '',
    'discussions/unanswered');

And now it should like to the SEO link friendly URL
    Hope that helps
  • Options
    Thanks to share Simon.
  • Options
    The extension could be modified to test whether Friendly URLs is installed or not in which case it can add the RewriteRule in .htaccess and modify the link accordingly.
  • Options
    You would still have to add it to the htaccess manually, Any that's the easiest way at the moment

That would be a cool feature of the plugin
  • Options
    Why do you have to add it to the .htaccess manually?
  • Options
    Well you could have the php do it but at this moment this plugin can't.

I am not all that bothed now because its Seo'ed on my forum.
  • Options
    Mhm, I'd be willing to provide the relevant code if anyone thinks it's a worthwhile addition.
  • Options
    This extension is like (based on, for one) so many other extensions that adds a kind of filter in the panel. Do they all have the same problem? How do they manage this? Just a thought, maybe there could be a meta htaccess appender extension (kind of dangerous but Fyorl seems to know what he does) to which our extensions could register. What do you think?
  • Options
    As long as everything's setup correctly so that PHP has write access to the .htaccess file and that you make sure you open it with the 'a' command (to append) there should be no problems.
  • Options
    Sure, so we just have to wait for your new .htaccess extension !!!
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't going to write an extension, I'll provide a patch for your code though that adds it.
  • Options
    Hmm, this extension is not working for me.

When I enable it. My URL looks like: http://localhost/forum/discussions/?discussions/unanswered

I am using Friendly URLs, and I'm not sure why, but this filter gives me all the discussions even the ones who have comments. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    try RewriteRule ^discussions/unanswered/(.*)$ discussions/?View=UnansweredDiscussions [QSA,L]
This discussion has been closed.