Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DefaultPage

13»

Comments

• I'm having problems when trying to access a certain comment: BASE_URL/?CommentID=XX (like the links produced by the CommentLinks extension)

it redirects me to the default page. any idea?
  • bump!
  • Thanks for this extension, which has enabled me to do the simple tasks of taking visitors to the 'Categories' page initially, and back there after sign in (or wherever else they happened to be when they decided to sign in).
    Is there an extension (or could this one be 'extended') to deal with the what I think is an unfortunate feature of Vanilla, that when you sign out, or a guest submits an application for membership, you just get left at the 'success' message that's generated, and not returned to the Forum? The latter is particularly unfriendly in itself, and it's likely that the applicant will want to carry on browsing.
  • Here's a discussion concerning the sign out concern.
  • 01. Thanks for the link, jimw.

02. I'm posting this both here, and in 'GuestSignIn'. I can't get both of these extensions to work simulataneously. If I have 'DefaultPage' enabled, signing in with 'GuestSignIn' just takes me to the 'official' sign in dialogue.
    I'm a total beginner with php, so sorting this out is beyond me (yet!). Any ideas?
  • It's me again. Totally baffled, as both are working in tandem again. To troubleshoot, I commented out a 'hit counter' modification I had made to GuestSignIn, whereupon all OK; however, re-activating my 'counter' didn't re-sabotage them.
  • I've solved my 'unfriendly' sign out & new applicant 'success' pages. I've just added: <li><a href="index.php"><b>Click here to return to browsing the forum</b></a></li> to the relevant 'validpostback.php' files.
  • how do i default to a page manager page? i'm putting ?Page=home for my default page and this isn't working. any suggestions?
  • Looking like this thread has gone cold?
    I have created a home page with page manager but can not seem to set this as the default page on site with this plug in. Like the post above I guess - any ideas?