Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Free or Open Source CD Burning Software

I'm looking for free or open source, preferably open source, cd burning software with the same power, or near as much as Nero. This means being able to burn cd audio, mp3 disks, data disk, ISO burning, Bin/Cue and so on. Anyone know if this is too utopian? Oh, I'm running on windows xp sp 2 While we're at it, how about a mp3, ogg, flac, monkey audio... tagger. The more support the better. Again, free or open source, please.

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Not sure if you're gonna find that for windows, however for any linux system I would say go for K3b or similar. I wan't to say a free option for windows has yet to exist, at all.
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005
    (does anyone have a link to something that will convert mpc files to mp3?) no luck googling one yet
  • Options
    doh, i just found a tasty nero dll file to allow burning of mpcs to cd... tasty :-)
  • Options
    CDBurnerXP is pretty nice, although I'm not too sure if it does everything you were thinking of.
  • Options
    CDburner XP will work great. About the tagging, I meant that as a seperate request, as in a seperate program too. Anyone know of a good tagger that can handle many file types?
  • Options
    Use foobar2000 for tagging (and playing) audio files.
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    I use foobar for playing... but i find it's involves so much clicking it becomes tedious... I used mp3tagger for awhile... it was good but it doesnt cover oggs and others
  • Options
    well, I never use mouse when using foobar, keyboard is enough for me so I don't know about other software usability.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Score, Nice find SirNot! As for retagging MP3's and other audio files, I'd say just use Winamp or any other of it's free equivalents.
  • Options
    ImgBurn is good for images. It's based on the DVD Decrypter core which was awesome until they got shut down.
This discussion has been closed.