Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Expire

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Expire

Comments

• Options
    This is meant to be a simplified version of Auto Close. My version doesn't conflict with Guest Post.

I didn't bother with the Category features. I could add those if there is huge demand.
  • Options
    Installed it, set # of days, hit save, receive the following error and the # of days doesnt stick: Notice: Use of undefined constant IgnoreWhispers - assumed 'IgnoreWhispers' in /home/content/n/a/m/namasteweb/html/tradingboard/extensions/Expire/default.php on line 43
  • Options
    Oops. Not sure how that bug squeaked by.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.2 of Expire.
  • Options
    Fixed it.
  • Options
    I am thinking about having something with similarity to expire, the database optimisation one and "prune" on other forums. That is to have a true archiving. Where you effectively move past period (years, etc) of data to another database (preserving relationships where necessary), it could even be outside of mySQL even. The archive forum format can be quite striped down and for indexing/viewing not posting. This would integrate with search, so if users wanted to search archive periods they could. The search optimisation, and request handling for these archive periods doesn't have to be the same as the active forum. Heck you could use google site search as a fallback. . This would be useful for forum that have a lot of data, and don't want to prune completely due to user wishes, however want to give a much lowered priority to past data. Thus not being slowed down by it. This would be for a longer time periods than you might the general expire, which is always helpful too.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    I uploaded Expire to an existing forum, activated it and went to the Expire settings. I could change the settings, but after saving they did not stick. They go back to the default when I go back to the settings page. I changed the settings directly in the Setlist.ini, and I the "last check" info updates, but there are no discussions changed at all. I am using Vanilla 1.1.4.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Having the same problem as Tilman, the settings do not stick and no discussions where closed.
  • Options
    SetList.ini only exists to build the options page for Expire. The settings themselves are stored in Vanilla's conf/settings.php file. I don't know why the options page isn't working but you can always set Expire's options by editing conf/settings.php directly. The readme should tell you how.