Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Please help with a few small bugs

edited November 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Wooo.... very nearly done styling my forum. Difficult(ish) but fun :) But I just need a little bit more help before it's finished. Everything works fine in Safari (with some very minor blemishes in mozilla, which I can tidy up). But there's some small but critical bugs in WinIE (which is hard for me to test in, since I only have a windows machine at work - where I can't work on this!). Both of these problems are isolated to WinIE only. The forum is located at: http://brilliantgreen.net/forum/ <i>The two things are:</i> 1. The header and menu don't appear in IE I have them both position:absolute. as you can see in the code below. Both just plain don't display. .Head { position: absolute; background-image : url("../../../images/forum_header.jpg"); top : 0px; left : 15px; width : 700px; height : 340px;}

Comments

• edited November 2005
    #MenuForum { position: absolute; list-style: none; top: 223px; left: 14px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; text-align: left; }
  • 2. IE misinterpreting 'min-height' as 'height' in CommentBody I have the body of each comment body set to a minimum height (to take into account avatars). IE locks each comment to that height (ie. if the post is longer, it still cuts the post of at the minimum height. ) .CommentBody { width: 295px; min-height: 75px; _height: 75px; font-size: 11px; line-height : 120%; padding-left: 25px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 12px; color: #000000; overflow: hidden; z-index: 50; }
  • .SiteContainer {
    width: 703px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    }

With that it shows... just don't ask why

Hope it helps
  • awesome. thanks banzai. that change making the difference makes absolutely no sense - but it is IE we're talking about!!! and ideas on the min height problem in the commentbody?
  • I didn't try it, but it's small and looks good http://www.dustindiaz.com/min-height-fast-hack/ selector { min-height:500px; height:auto !important; height:500px; }
  • Yep. didn't work as is, but removed the height:500px line, and it wored a treat. YAY!! :D cheers banzai!
This discussion has been closed.