Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Nightmare

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited November 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I had a nightmare last night that this girl emailed me a link to another forum. I took a look at it and it was basically vanilla, but it was ajaxified out the yazoo and had been renamed something else. They also had this crazy functionality where you could put "post it notes" on any page to remember things. Literally, there would be post-its on your screen with notes you had written on them - attached to a discussion on the discussion page,or a comment on the comment page, or whatever. I woke up in a cold sweat. I've really gotta get Vanilla finished soon.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the nightmare means something? i.e, you should intergrate ajax and post it notes ;-)
  • Options
    Obviously, you have been stealing the intellectual property of Chinchilla, my Web 2.0 Ajax Forum Site Software Turnkey Package.
  • Options
    *cracks whip.

see, the problem is - is it appears you have time to sleep.
    less sleep/more vanilla.

j/k

if i were doing what you do, Mark - Vanilla would have to be renamed Mollasses.
  • Options
    postit notes sounds an awesome extension! the amount of time i spend here i'd never forget anything!!
  • Options
    my dreams are all raw code documents...
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Uh, my dreams have nothing to do with code. Though I do have a tough time decoding them. Har!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    hahaha - well, the funny thing is, I've integrated the script.aculo.us code into the next rev of vanilla, and there is a lot more ajax. Nothing too fancy, just in places where I thought it would be helpful - and i've replaced my old auto-find-username code for whispers and the search. It's actually really nice to use a lot of those special features now. I'm just apprehensive to replace *this* board with the new code because I really haven't done any vigorous testing with it yet and I don't want to muck up this nice database.
  • Options
    bout time for another beta me thinks.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'm just going through and making changes to all of the extensions so they work with the new code. A bit of a pain, but necessary. From the front-end, you guys won't really notice much of a difference. A few tweaks here and there, but it's mostly been upgraded for performance and extensions.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    but yes, a beta is in order.
  • Options
    does anyone remember that site/flash app where you supposedly could place comments on any website (this is from 1999ish) - if you were running the app it would show little flags and comments the last visitors left, if i'm not mistaken they were alot like post-it notes.

i've always wondered what happened with that idea.
  • Options
    mark, i've got a beta board up and working with a few users. i offer myself as a specimen to testing. as the community i look after live elsewhere (for now) and we were only beginning to look into your wonderful work... offer a beta, and we will install it and put it to use at once.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    lol @ nightmare
  • Options
    You have strange nightmares... working yourself a bit too hard I should think.
  • Options
    I dream of beautiful women... not php code :P
  • Options
    I dream of beautiful women... not php code :P
    Hmmm... not sure of the difference. Please explain?
  • Options
    ^^ hahaha
  • Options
    I dream of floating out of my body and going to strange places to learn new things then wake up thinkin "I really need to stop eatin cheese before bed". The post-it notes thing sounds cool but I'd have an option which was active by default to not show the notes.
This discussion has been closed.