Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla on steroids

TiGRTiGR
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Vanilla on steroids

Comments

• Nice, definitely already notice an improvement in performance, as I am running a quad core ubuntu linux server with fast cgi and threaded php, yet there still seemed to be a bit of hesitation. this definately improves that. Hope to see some future updates ;)
  • @TiGR, have you thought abut adding minify to this addon? Minify handles a lot of stuff already (such as browser special cases) so it would save you reinventing the wheel!
  • Well, I know about such tools. The problem is that there is no simple rule to integrate minify. Moreover, some files are already js-minified, and simple gzip gives really great results, even without js-minification. I'll look into minify, but I am not sure that using it with Vanilla is necessary.

Anyway, thanks for info.
  • Out of curiosity, should this affect all js files on the site, or just the ones included in the vanilla base? It would be great if this plugin affected other plugins and applications as well :)
  • See todo (↑), there are such plans.
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Wow, definitely feel some performance improvements with this plugin!
    I guess it should be considered to be forked into the core of Garden/Vanilla...
  • With Minify plugin added in RC3, this plugin seems to be no longer necessary. The only feature that it does that Minify can't - gzipping of page contents.
  • @TiGR gzipping is important though.
  • Updated it to depend on Minify and removed all js/css-related code.