Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

w3c Invalid Markup Vanilla 2

RonRon New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just did a fresh install of Vanilla 2 and checked w3c to see if everything was validated. I get 2 errors.

Line 69, Column 26: ID "Search" already defined
<input type="hidden" id="Search" value="Search" />
An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).

And...

Line 29, Column 27: ID "Search" first defined here
</ul> <div id="Search"><form method="get" action="/search">

What does this mean and how do I fix it so everything is correct?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks for the tip. I've added this fix to our unstable branch. It will be in the next minor release.
  • Options
    Not a problem Mark. When will this next minor release be released? lol Or atleast a ETA.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We want to wait a week or so before doing a minor release. If you want to get the change into your current site, you can find the changes here:

http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/7c8a8b18de5e8baca21d42c89c250ed9b608cdd0
  • Options
    awesome. thank you :)
  • Options
    Implemented the fixes and no more errors.. Thank you. I do however get 1 warning and I am sure it's not too important.

No Character encoding declared at document level

No character encoding information was found within the document, either in an HTML meta element or an XML declaration. It is often recommended to declare the character encoding in the document itself, especially if there is a chance that the document will be read from or saved to disk, CD, etc.
  • Options
    That is, <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> should be added in <head></head>
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'm going to add the doc level declaration to the top of the master pages:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
  • Options
    @Todd, why not utf-8? Won't this break non-latin characters?