Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search not working?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It seems like the search function is not working. I have made some changes in order to translate the forum to swedish so maybe I messed something up?

http://www.friidrottsforum.se

I tried searching for words it should be able to find.

Thanks,
Micke

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    This could have something to do with mysql's search indexing. @Todd set it all up, and we really need some documentation on how it works.
  • Options
    Just noticed this too. Search works, but clicking on search results doesn't.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    On this site clicking the search results doesn't work because of one of the plugins (in development :) we have installed. We're working on it. Again, sorry for guinea-pigging the community forum, but it's a great test-bed!
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @MKEJ, the search uses mysql's full text indexing which is a bit of a fuzzy search which won't find much when your forum has little content. Try putting a + in front of a search term to see if it works.

@sammyman, this is a bug specifically with the comment voting plugin on this site. As was said in another thread, you are all guinea pigs here;)
  • Options
    dmcdmc
    edited December 2010
    Are there any more updates to the search? I have 2.0.1.5 and search was giving me trouble as well. It doesn't look like you can search on the titles of threads correct? ... just the comments?