Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

New versions up to Vanilla 2

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Well, this may be a stupid question, but will Vanilla Dev team release new versions os Vanilla soon? Like 2.1, 2.2, etc... Or it wil be just bug fixes, end Vanilla 3.0. :D
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Not a stupid question at all!

We are planning on doing another minor revision release pretty quickly (one or two weeks) with any little bugs that pop up after the release and more people grab it.

The next bigger revision (2.1) will probably be a new package containing some of the plugins and themes we've been developing for use on this forum and VanillaForums.com (Voting, etc).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok thanks. I'm waiting for this new plugin that turns Vanilla into a Q&A like system. :D
  • Options
    @Mark

So users won't be able to download the forum system on this site (VanillaForums.org), which is more of a Q&A system, until release 2.1?
  • Options
    @Mark

So users won't be able to download the forum system on this site (VanillaForums.org), which is more of a Q&A system, until release 2.1?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @frooyo This is still the same forum software that's been here, there are just addons that are now being used that are in the alpha stages they are testing out here now as well. They have said that the addons and the theme here will be released when ready.
  • Options
    Yea I was also wondering how long it would take till these features would be released. Only thing I really want is the voting system and the ''views/followers/replies'' bar next to each topic. Perhaps you could release the beta versions of the plug-ins for a small fee or something?
  • Options
    Any rough ETA on when the Q&A plug-in and theme, used on this site, will be released?

(Just rough timeline, like "a week, month, Christmas" works for me)
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @okayRodeo. The Q&A plugin will be released this coming week. @Nimaveli, the voting plugin has the views/follower/replies bar next to each topic.

Fair warning though that the voting plugin will be released in beta. I imagine you guys will help us with a good dose of testing though ;)

I'm not sure when the .org theme will be released, but probably in a week or two?
  • Options
    @Todd
    That's great news! :D
  • Options
    @Todd

Wahoo. You guys ROCK. I really hope you guys know how much we appreciate the hard work you and the crew have put in.
  • Options
    Keep up the good work! :)
  • Options
    @Todd, I wish the Q&A plugin would remember your settings when you tell it to sort by date...
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Your wish is going to get answered.
  • Options
    \o/ xxx
  • Options
    Maybe make a TOP of Discussion most Voted and Users Most Voted.