Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reset password function error

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The function is not working, when i'm trying to reset password, i see this message: "Could not instantiate mail function". Did someone had the same problem?
Tagged:

Comments

• Never mind, problem solved. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • How did you solve the problem? I have the exact same problem now.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

sababon said:
    Never mind, problem solved. Sorry for inconvenience. >

The problem with not supplying the solution :) doesn't help future readers of the thread.

@listisimo
    Are you doing this on your own server? maybe you don't have a mailer setup?
    or you didn't set up smtp correctly. check these settings and put in the correct ones in your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp']                    = FALSE;
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost']                   = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser']                   = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword']            = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort']                   = '25';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity']   

If changing the above - don't forget to report back.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for your help peregrine. The problem is more serious than I thought. The problem is I'm so far out of my depth I haven't a clue what I'm doing. How do I find a developer who knows all about Vanilla and can set it all up for me? Is there a place where one can request paid for service? I'm happy to pay.

• I am also getting same problem, can somebody help me solve this problem ( Could not instantiate mail function.)... tell me how to solve this problem.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@ajay1098 a dit :
    I am also getting same problem, can somebody help me solve this problem ( Could not instantiate mail function.)... tell me how to solve this problem.

Are you using an SMTP ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
This discussion has been closed.