Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Translating user roles

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is it possible to translate the roles of the users? This feature would be nice for a multi-language forum, although I could live with English-only role names.

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Roles only show when admins are changing user settings I think. I guess we could pass the names through translations, although since they can be user-generated it would be a pain to update the translations.

I also just added a feature where you can search for users by role. I don't think that will ever use translations.
  • edited July 2010
    The roles are actually displayed in user profiles as well, but that's the only place I could find them in my forum. I thought it was displayed beside the user names in discussions as well, but as they aren't it's ok for me if the roles are English-only.