Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is the source to the wiki application available?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I noticed that vanillaforums.org/docs is run by an application called 'wiki'. That application doesn't seem to exist on github, so I was wondering if it was available in someone's fork, etc.

Will that application become available in the upstream Garden/Vanilla code?

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The wiki application is dead simple and raw right now. We may release it once we do some more work on it. There are no immediate plans though.
  • bobthemanbobtheman
    edited July 2010
    great, and a simple page plugin would be awesome also. As soon as an official vanilla supported and approved app is released, i will do away with wordpress.

i would love to see vanillaforums.org/.com using its own page management app instead of WP
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I haven't looked at the Custom Pages plugin, but maybe it could help with some of the stuff you want right now?
  • Ok. Any recommendations for good, clean wiki software? Inline with the design principles of Vanilla?
  • Bump this.

Wondered if anything was in the works or we should drum up interest in doing one. Would it be a plugin or perhaps more an application?
  • I spent the last hour trying to discover what software was driving the documentation here, then I found this thread.

I would like to request releasing the wiki application software, also.

Like the others in this thread, I have been looking for a good lightweight, uncluttered and attractive wiki solution.

The wiki application is excellent, and there is a big need for it.

• @todd

any time frame on an official release ? wouldn't placing it on github allow other to contribute to the code making for a faster release?
  • @todd
    is the wiki package much different from the wiki software downloadable at http://mediawiki.org ?
  • I would assume yes. mediawiki is a standalone application that does not integrate with Vanilla (or not as far as I know).

IMHO, the wiki discussed here is an application for Garden (just as Vanilla and Addons are applications for Garden) that integrates with the User Management System and has the wiki functionality.

/cd
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    I have used Mediawiki in the past and its total bloat. You're better off with LionWiki if you need something now... and light
  • any news with the wiki application - I have seen, that there has been an entry in the documentation, but without a link or information

Is it planed to make it available in the next time?
  • found a interessting looking wiki-script that might could become the start of a vanilla plugin: http://wikiwebhelp.org
    It's fully AJAX driven - so: no JavaScript -> no wiki - but it's fast, light weight and works with ankers - so it might be easy to integrate it with vanilla.

I have already checked the databases (it saves pages in the database) and gues it would be possible to use the user and tag table of vanilla and may it would be possible to link wiki-nodes with vanilla-discussions.