Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal error when using ProxyConnect 1.4 & Vanilla 2

johnathonjohnathon New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi folks,

I'm trying to implement single-sign-on between Vanilla 2 and MediaWiki using ProxyConnect 1.4. The integration works, but with one hitch. Attempting to sign in to Vanilla produces the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function rowCount() on a non-object in /var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.authenticator.php on line 242

The error only appears AFTER I've logged into MediaWiki and then attempt to sign in to Vanilla. (Generally it appears as soon as I attempt to return to Vanilla after signing in to MediaWiki -- when ProxyConnect attempts to automatically sign me in to the shared account).

What's more, refreshing the page makes the error disappear and successfully logs me into to Vanilla under the shared account.

I'm running php 5.2.13 and MySQL 5.

Any help?

If you're interested, here's the MediaWiki extension I've built that creates the Authentication page required by ProxyConnect:

http://oddjar.com/projects/VanillaSSO.zip

Enable the extension by uploading it to MediaWiki's extensions directory, and adding the following line to LocalSettings.php:

require_once("$IP/extensions/VanillaSSO/VanillaSSO.php");

Comments

• Options
    hello Johnathon,

I want to try Single Sign on for Media wiki and Vanillaforums . But I would like to know if you are still having the same problem . So that I can think about it before implementing SSO

Thanks !
  • Options

Hi Johnathon,

I just came across this, and I would like to use it & fix this issue, but I would need to know what license you're making it available under. It's a short piece of code, but nevertheless it would be great to know that you were licensing it under a free software license (GPL v2+, the same license as MediaWiki would be awesome, but any GPL compatible license would be fine).

Thanks!
    Dave.

• Options

It's licensed under GPLv2. Have at it.