Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

CSS attribute to change header menu color?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying to modify the default theme only slightly to have the header with a white background, but as the menu text is also white I've run into a problem. I've set color to #8d8d8d on every possible class under /*header*/ in the default styles.css but the menu text continues to be white.

Does the menu li text have a css class attributed to it in a different .css file? I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

Thanks =)
Tagged:

Comments

• @Mikaela have you heard of Firebug? You install it on firefox. Than you can check all the page blocks see the CSS and change it in real time to check if that is what you want.
    It's great for designing and troubleshoot.
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks DML, I do actually have it, which is why I'm so confused that it's still not working!

edit: Firebug says this > #Menu a, #Menu li.Active a has #FFFFFF attributed, but #Menu li.Active a doesn't exist anywhere in my style.css file

arg!

edit#2: after trawling through the code I found it, I couldn't search for it for some reason. huzzah!
  • Nice! :)
  • @Mikaela you may also want to look into the Theme Quick Start http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart custom.css is a much better way to customize your theme!

There was an error rendering this rich post.