Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Request] Additional member info in registration form

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How can I add items such as first/last name to the membership form? I'd also like to make these two required and show instead of the username throughout the forum.

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    We don't have this feature, no.
  • I so want this feature. Time to go make a request.
  • If someone actually wrote a plugin that would allow adding new fields to the registration form, I'd be really grateful!
  • edited December 2010
    I have another question regarding this topic: can first and last name be entered as the 'username'?

For that, I'd need to change the character limit from 20 to something more and allow the usage of space (which maybe could be translated into something like &nbsp in order not to break the database - I'm not an expert, I won't lie ;-)).

Would that work? If so, is there a simple way of implementing these changes?
    @Todd, thanks in advance for your help!
  • OK, so I managed do change the regular expression that validates usernames so that I could use max 50 characters, spaces and special characters, but I'm struggling with defining two-word mentions. I'm guessing that line 640 in library\core\functions.general.php should be changed, but nothing actually changes after editing that line... should I look elsewhere? Has anyone got a solution?
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @dkodr Try for these rows to set the flag "Not Null = TRUE" inside the database user-table... Vanilla will then always require them to be filled out (f.eg. in the Registration form).

Not sure if it works, but I ran once into a problem with this, when I added a new row to the user-table...