Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom Themes?

I just installed Vanilla 2 Garden-8832d74. I don't see a "Custom Theme" button in the GUI. Am I missing something? Under "Appearance" it just says Banner, Themes, and Messages... but not Custom Theme. Is GUI HTML/CSS editing part of the OSS version, or is that a paid version only feature?

Yes, I'm aware I can edit the HTML/CSS directly.

For clarification, this is what I see:
http://imgur.com/fVwkK.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hey, this should help.
    http://www.vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart

Any questions feel free to ask.
  • Options
    @raphthemagician if I understood your question, what your are talkin about is in vanillaforums.COM the hosted and paid version of vanilla.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What I'm talking about is if you click on the "Features" tab on this webiste, you see a "Custom Theme" button in one of the screenshots. I don't see that in the version that I just installed. Why?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Edit: Ignore/delete this one too >< I fail at reading comprehension
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @ralphthemagician The features you're seeing described on the vanillaforums.com site relate specifically to the hosted platform. Those customers need a feature like Custom Theme because they don't have access to the filesystem where the themes are actually hosted, and thus cannot edit them.

Download customers such as yourself are able to modify any file in the code via SSH or (S)FTP, or even add their own themes, thereby making a Custom Theme addon superfluous.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Thanks Tim. This is what I suspected. It was just a little confusing given the screenshots on the .org site.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I realize this thread is old but I also had the same issue. This should be made much clearer in the docs. Also, I see no reason why this feature should not be included in the downloaded version. It may be "superfluous" but it would still be helpful for making quick changes!