Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theme Changes

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Okay so,

I've installed Vanilla2 , and I'm using the default Vanilla theme that comes with it,

When I Post a discussion and "Announce" it and "Close" The Discussion the words Announce and Closed are in Dark Grey Colors anyway to change the background for them to be "Dark Red" For Closed and a "gold" for Announcement? I don't see where the CSS is for the default theme .

Another Question

Anyway to give the Roles such as "Administrator Role" A different Font Color when they post? Maybe there is a Plugin for this?.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm releasing a Game and I'm wanting to use Vanilla as my Support Forum.

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2010
    I don't recommend that you modify the default theme, but rather a copy of it. Here is what I'd do.
    1. Copy the default theme to a new folder. This is the theme you'll be working on.
    2. Edit the about.php file in the theme's folder with your own name etc. if you'd like.
    3. Add a file called custom.css in the design folder of the theme. This file will automatically be included in all pages.
    4. Edit your custom.css to change the style how you want.
    5. Don't forget to select your version of the theme in the dashboard.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Open your CSS file and locate: "ul.DataList div.Meta span.Announcement" then simply changed the background and color variables to what you want. Hopefully this works, I'm using the variable from a CSS file in a theme.

find your colour codes here:
    http://html-color-codes.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    @Todd Okay I'll create a clone of the folder, and rename it to my theme, however where is the default vanilla theme's css file because I don't see it when i open the design folder in "default"

@leeandrew I would but there is no CSS file to open to find what ur asking me to find.
  • Options
    themes/default/design/style.css

or if using a theme:

themes/YOUR THEME NAME/design/custom.css
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i created a new folder under "themes" folder, and edited about.php,
    but the theme is invisible in the dashboard so i can't activate it

am i missing something?

edit: ok actually i forgot to change the "array key" as explained in the readme.txt
    (ie $ThemeInfo['YourThemeNameHere'])
  • Options
    I followed the instructions but my theme, too, is invisible.

I didn't find the readme.txt mentionned by glow (apart from the one in conf -- no instructions -- and the one in pclzip -- clearly unrelated).

Ah ok now I get it. Line 14 has to be edited as well. It's not a value, it's a key, and people are not used to edit keys. It should be mentioned in the doc, in my opinion.