Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Compatability

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is Vanilla2 compatible with PHP 4.4.9 and MYSQL 5.0 ?

I'm getting a funky error message:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in /home/content/m/a/r/markmac28/html/thewordgang/forum/bootstrap.php on line 64

Here's the bootstrap.php lines in question.
/// Install the configuration.
Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasConfig, 'Gdn_Configuration', PATH_LIBRARY_CORE.DS.'class.configuration.php', Gdn::FactorySingleton);
$Gdn_Config = Gdn::Factory(Gdn::AliasConfig);

Any thoughts? Thanks, Mark
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Oh, line 64 is the second one down. I tried putting each comma on its own line and it seems to be the first comma that is being griped about. I ask about the compatability because someone suggested that. I have tried adding ( and ) all different places. A .php coding friend said the lines looked okay to him. m
  • Options
    http://vanillaforums.org/page/Requirements

Your php version is too old to run vanilla 2.
  • Options
    @markmac - i'm getting a very similar error. . .from your other posts it looks like you got it working. . . care to share? I'm using 1and1 and meet the requirements (not sure how to check on the apache stuff though).

I also tried changing each ',' to '(' at separate times with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!