HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Add users/members in bulk?

LenLen
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there an addon or a method to "import" or add members to my forum in bulk? Say I have a list of usernames, emails, passwords, etc in a text file or CSV, how can I add them to my membership in one swoop? Details are appreciated! I still have not switched to Vanilla 2 (yet) so answers for either version will work.

Comments

• @Len; A simple SQL user import (insert statements) should work fine.
  • I missed that day at SQL school ;-p can anyone give an example of what that statement would look like?
  • @Len; Here's a clue. Use the Export feature in your server's phpMyAdmin and do a backup of the User table. That'll create a text file containing the Insert statements you need. Copy one of these and create a line for each new user, then run it in phpMyAdmin. (Obviously, do a full database backup before playing with it).

You'll have to manually change each user's password in the Admin Dashboard, but that's easy enough.
  • Thanks Mikhael!
    Don't know why I didn't think of that...I'll blame it on a faulty "blow-out preventor" (Hey if BP can do that, so can I!) But I was able to do what I wanted...with some trial and error of course :)
    Thanks again!! Saved me a bunch of time.