Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload Size Error

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi I'm a newbie.

I uploaded and enabled the Upload plugin. Everything seemed OK.

However, when I try to upload a file (.jpg) it keeps saying the file is too big. I've gone down in size to less than 100K and it still says error. The max size in the error msg I think says something like 4Meg.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Al

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I'll look into this. I think that PHP is catching one error but reporting another.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Hi Tim, I am also using your plugin, and one of my forum members has the exact same problem - he can't upload any file, and gets max file size message. I updated File Upload to the latest version, had him try removing spaces in the file name and other kind of files, but the message keeps appearing. What else could this be?

Thanks in advance!
    It could be related to the uploads/ folder's permissions. To test this, change uploads/ folder permissions to 777. Also do the same (but this time recursively, with -R) for uploads/FileUpload/.

See if the error persists.

Otherwise, could you post a screenshot of the error you're receiving, or email / pm it to me?
    Email: tim at vanillaforums.com
    PM: right on this forum.

• I tried changing permissions, but that did not make a difference, the member still can't upload. I will PM the screenshot.
    Are they using IE?