Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Single Sign-On

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
OK so I haver everything pretty much working, except the last part, when it does the handshake thing.

"/entry/handshake/proxy"

I get a too many re-directs error in my browser. Is there a setting I have wrong that i making this happen? This is a great piece of software and integrates nicely so thanks in advance.

--
Thank You,
Frank

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Are you trying to integrate with a specific remote application? Or is it something custom that you've built.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• This is something custom I am building.
  • Nothing? I feel like I'm close It would be a shame to abort using the software. Please if someone can suggest something.
  • Have you checked your config.php for the SyncScreen setting? I've just updated to ProxyConnect 1.8 and was having the same problem as you.

I found that I had to use the value of "off" instead of the default of "smart".

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SyncScreen'] = "off";

Hope this helps.

• This useful tip from @mike_evans just saved my bacon. I upgraded from an earlier version of both Vanilla Forums and ProxyConnect to 2.11 and 1.8 when I moved servers and couldn't get it to work at all - I had a blank screen at /handshake. Looking in config.php I saw that ...['SyncScreen'] was set to FALSE. Changing it to "off" fixed it.

A request of the developers - when updates result in changes to config.php settings, could you flag it somehow?