Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Easy forum backup

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Ive got a vanilla 2 forum being passed over to non technical users and was wondering is there a nice way to do a forum DB and files backup.

I know the forum can be backedup is someway as it has been done with the export for v1 to v2 users. is there a way to use that script to export v2 db to a file.

Admins do not have access to mysqladmin console.
Tagged:

Comments

• There is no script currently to do it, however the best backup would be a mysql dump of the database. I do recommend if its being passed to non technical users maybe recommend they use (www.vanillaforums.com) The hosted service by vanilla.
  • Ive looked at the hosted service but they host too many other things on that url and like to be responsible for there own site.

All thats needed atm is to be able to do an export of the site from the dashboard.
  • @davidis
    export, and import :)

this is a commonly requested feature, i would assume it will get some attention in the near future.

• hopefully
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Can you use the Vanilla 2 Exporter?

If it had an option to export from Vanilla 2 added, then all you would have to do is create a link in the dashboard that links to the script which would run anytime they press the link, creating a "backup". Better than a mysql dump too, because it's formatted perfectly as it should be for importing.
  • Thats roughly what im after. As file backup is a simple cd of data for them to reupload.