Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Manually adding accounts?

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was adding a bunch of members (all non-admin level) and I deleted the only admin account before creating another administrator.

So, how would I go about fixing this little problem?

Comments

• Options
    so you're saying you no longer have an admin account to log in with?
  • Options
    yes sir
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2010
    If you know the login credentials of an existing account, you can go into your database and manually set the Admin field for that account to 1, then login with that account and add a new admin user. Remember to set Admin back to 0 when you're done.

Also please note that I haven't tested this but I believe it to be true. I have now tested this and it works.
  • Options
    Hm, could you be a little bit more specific? I know all the credentials of the existing accounts but I'm not sure where to access my database so I can change the Admin field.

In myadminPHP I've located the GDN_user table and can browse it, but I'm not sure where the Admin field is, or how to edit it.

If I'm supposed to be editing an actual file on my server, I can't see anything that is obviously the database. I don't know too much about PHP, sorry for the questions and thank you for your help.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2010
    sorry, i meant your mysql database. in phpmyadmin, in the Gdn_User table, edit the record of the user for which you know the credentials. There's a field in that table called Admin, which you need to set to 1.
  • Options
    Thanks, I was looking at the structure view and not browsing the proper way or something. Eventually figured it out and I'm good to go. Cheers!